Professional PHP developer with a tendency to defend that language where others just throw their hands up - although there certainly are things it would be good to throw away and start again! Similarly, I'm a big fan of PostgreSQL, but not of routinely bashing MySQL except in the specific cases where it deserves it.
I tend to downvote answers that give a literal code solution to the problem posed with no accompanying explanation, as they miss the opportunity to teach people how to solve the problem themselves next time.
If I'm arguing with you after 23:00 UTC, please tell me to go to bed!
I spend a lot of time explaining the PHP SimpleXML API, and defending against misconceptions and misunderstandings; here are a top 3:
var_dump()SimpleXML data, or you will be more confused than when you started. I have written some debug functions to use instead.
- There is nothing wrong with CDATA sections in SimpleXML. Just always cast to string.
- Namespaces (AKA "tags with colons in them") are really easy - just use the
Member for 4 years, 6 months
0 profile views
Last seen Dec 7 '19 at 13:39
- Stack Overflow 58.8k 58.8k 77 gold badges7676 silver badges117117 bronze badges
- Skeptics 4.8k 4.8k 33 gold badges2020 silver badges2323 bronze badges
- Information Security 3.1k 3.1k 11 gold badge1212 silver badges1717 bronze badges
- English Language Learners 1.2k 1.2k 88 silver badges1010 bronze badges
- Software Engineering 1.2k 1.2k 77 silver badges1212 bronze badges
- View network profile
Top network posts
- 1408 Save PL/pgSQL output from PostgreSQL to a CSV file
- 157 Did NOAA publish a fake map with temperature data it doesn't have?
- 144 Can PHP PDO Statements accept the table or column name as parameter?
- 110 Did 96% of Hillary Clinton's 2015 charitable donations go to the Clinton Family Foundation?
- 93 Does New York City legally recognize 31 different genders?
- 84 Did Neil Armstrong write such a letter to a skeptic?
- 80 Is there any code in Firefox (as of 2020) that comes from Netscape Navigator?
- View more network posts →