We all want to be able to communicate with each other in total privacy. So we need lots of good random numbers to do that using cryptography. And true random numbers are the most secure. My interest is making entropy sources using simple and commonly available components like webcams and Zener diodes. These can then be the foundations of your own true random number generators (TRNGs) you can rely on to not have been compromised by governments or their agencies.
Or things like this Photonic Instrument, which produces entropy at over 200kb/s:-
Visit http://www.reallyreallyrandom.com to see it running on-line.
Top Network Posts
- 69What am I photographing INSIDE my camera?
- 61Why do we not combine random number generators?
- 39What is electrical insulation tape officially for?
- 34Why does a commercial PCB need this much rework?
- 26Why aren't CPUs cooled from below as well as above?
- 24Is von Neumann's randomness in sin quote no longer applicable?
- 20Why is Zener avalanche noise saw tooth shaped?
- View more network posts →