My interest is making entropy sources using simple and commonly available components like webcams and Zener diodes. These can then be the foundations of your own true random number generators (TRNGs) you can rely on to not have been compromised by governments or their agencies.
Or things like the Photonic Instrument, which produces entropy at over 200kbps:-
Visit http://www.reallyreallyrandom.com/photonic/live-entropy/ to see it running on-line.
And the Zenerglass, an avalanche diode based entropy source:-
Member for 5 years, 5 months
70 profile views
Last seen Apr 20 at 13:06
- Electrical Engineering 5.8k 5.8k 33 gold badges2626 silver badges4949 bronze badges
- Computer Science 1.6k 1.6k 1010 silver badges1919 bronze badges
- Photography 961 961 66 silver badges1111 bronze badges
- Engineering 834 834 55 silver badges1414 bronze badges
- Cross Validated 414 414 33 silver badges1616 bronze badges
- View network profile
Top network posts
- 70 What am I photographing INSIDE my camera?
- 60 Why do we not combine random number generators?
- 41 What is electrical insulation tape officially for?
- 36 Why does a commercial PCB need this much rework?
- 36 Why doesn't steganography increase the size of an uncompressed image?
- 29 Differences between industrial and military cryptography
- 28 Why aren't CPUs cooled from below as well as above?
- View more network posts →