All of Science, Mathematics, Cryptography, CS, Coding, Photography, a little AI and Law,
Enjoying the brilliant answers of the masters,
Always Learning With Error, and not bounded by Polynomial Time
Worked as a researcher for the government for a while, left Cryptology, and decided to turn back...
- Kill the ECB mode;
- prefer AES-GCM or better AES-SIV which has security against nonce reuse.
- Prefer authenticated encryption
At the corner of the flat Earth.
Member for 4 years, 7 months
18 profile views
Last seen yesterday
- Cryptography 9.3k 9.3k 33 gold badges2424 silver badges5252 bronze badges
- Stack Overflow 1.7k 1.7k 33 gold badges1212 silver badges2525 bronze badges
- Information Security 1.2k 1.2k 22 gold badges88 silver badges1919 bronze badges
- Computer Science 650 650 11 gold badge33 silver badges1616 bronze badges
- Mathematics 349 349 11 gold badge33 silver badges1414 bronze badges
- View network profile →
Top network posts
- 65 Other than password hashes, are there other uses for non-reversible crypto
- 62 Can Beehive detect a Snowden-like actor?
- 29 Do servers store my previous passwords?
- 29 How do hashes really ensure uniqueness?
- 25 Is one-time pad encryption vulnerable when near identical data is sent many times with different OTP?
- 22 What are the consequences of removing a single byte from a sha256 hash?
- 19 How reassuring is 64-bit (in)security?
- View more network posts →