Security professional with many years of experience with the practical application of cryptographic algorithms and protocols. I've helped with the design of protocols and API's within international standardization bodies. Over 30 years of general experience with computers, starting with MSX Basic at an early age. I've developed in Java for as long as the language exists (Kotlin is looking good too).
On the Crypto site I pride myself in giving easy to understand answers on questions relatively low on math. I'll never match the mathematical prowess of some of my peers, but a more practical answer is often called for. And as my picture indicates there isn't that much that escapes my attention. This also results in a relatively high amount of comments and edits.
My picture displays an owl behind a keyboard, staring through the screen at you. The owl probably is an eagle owl or little owl - depending on his mood. I can get a bit snarky when I'm confronted by somebody acting non-professionally.
Member for 7 years, 8 months
97 profile views
Last seen Aug 18 at 14:49
- Stack Overflow 66.1k 66.1k 1111 gold badges8888 silver badges184184 bronze badges
- Cryptography♦ 58.5k 58.5k 66 gold badges8585 silver badges213213 bronze badges
- Information Security 3.6k 3.6k 1212 silver badges2626 bronze badges
- Code Review 787 787 44 silver badges1212 bronze badges
- Super User 690 690 11 gold badge55 silver badges1616 bronze badges
- View network profile →
Top network posts
- 93 What is the difference between PKCS#5 padding and PKCS#7 padding
- 71 What is the difference between PKCS#5 padding and PKCS#7 padding
- 68 View past notifications
- 68 Are one-time pads crackable in theory?
- 63 How to encrypt and decrypt file in Android?
- 57 What is the difference between .pem , .csr , .key and .crt?
- 53 Byte and char conversion in Java
- View more network posts →