It’s time for community promotion ads again.
For those who don’t know what that means: graduated StackExchange sites each have a meta question where users can submit ads. (Some examples: Security.SE, Math.SE, Academia.SE, Physics.SE). When upvoted at least six (6) times, the promo-image will be displayed on the main site. Keeping it short: this provides a good way for us to promote Crypto.SE on other StackExchange websites.
Now, to avoid that we might miss out on anything, I quickly whipped up a first image while bluntly sticking to our new Crypto.SE design/identity.
Of course – and I bet we will all agree to that – this is not the most creative promotion image for Crypto.SE we’ve ever seen and chances are that you can do better… much better. Therefore, I would herewith like to ask/invite/request you to post your own creative “self-promotion image” suggestion(s) so the community can vote on things (like we once did way back in August 2013).
- The image that you create must be 300 x 250 pixels (or double that if retina).
- Must be hosted through the standard SE image uploader (imgur)
- Must be GIF or PNG
- No animated GIFs
- Absolute limit on file size of
40 KB150 KB (StackExchange updated this Jan 18, 2016).
- If background of image is white or partially white, there must be a 1px border surrounding it.
The embed code looks like this:
[![cryptography.stackexchange.com]] : https://image-url : https://crypto.stackexchange.com
To provide a helping hand, I‘ve rebuild my initial community ad from scratch using Inkscape, saving it as an editable SVG. It is available – together with a growing collection of stuff that might help – at a dedicated github repository called (drumroll) “Crypto.SE-Resources”. Rip it apart for your designs as you wish… just remember to adher to StackExchange copyright.
To give all potential voters the chance to discover this question, to submit their suggestion, and/or to vote on suggestions posted here… I’ld say that we put up a deadline at Feb. 18, 2016 (4 weeks from now) to see what we‘ve got and pick a winner according to the individual upvotes gained here. If the deadline turns out to be too narrow for some reason, we can always give it another push into the future when time comes.
Last but not least:
To make voting easy, please post each suggestion as a separate answer.
- Design by “squeamish ossifrage” with a total of +12 (12 upvotes, 0 downvotes). – link
- Design by “PyRulez” with a total of +9 (9 upvotes, 0 downvotes). – link
- Design by “e-sushi” with a total of +8 (8 upvotes, 0 downvotes). – link
- Design by “e-sushi” with a total of +6 (8 upvotes, 2 downvotes). – link
- Design by “e-sushi” with a total of 0 (3 upvotes, 2 downvotes + 1 downvote via comment). – link
I updated the community ads at Security.SE, Math.SE, Academia.SE and Physics.SE. If anyone knows any other SE sites where it may make sense to promote Crypto.Se, please feel invited to post them accordingly.
The embed code of the design that won by votes:
[![cryptography.stackexchange.com]] : https://i.stack.imgur.com/AkQzj.png : https://crypto.stackexchange.com