Every now and then we see a clarification and minor change of the scope of Crypto.SE here on Meta, e.g. our resolution on side-channel considerations being on-topic as well as explicitly clarifying on cryptocurrencies. This has brought me the following idea:
Let's actually put the help-center into the hands of the community!
More concretely this means:
- You suggest one replacement of the current content on one of the editable resources in an answer.
- The answer gets voted on, depending on whether people want to see this idea (+1), don't have a strong feeling (+0) or actively dislike the idea (-1).
- After one month, on the third of September, the vote results are tallied and implemented.
- Updates need to reach at least +6 as a score to be even considered (to show they have community support).
- Conflicts will be resolved via intelligent merging by the mods or an extra Meta Q&A.
What can be updated?
- Each paragraph of the On-Topic page (separately).
- New paragraphs can also be added to the On-Topic page.
- The short description displayed at the top of the Tour and at the top of the page when not logged in.
- The bullet points on the Tour (both are separate contents).
- The introduction to the Help Center (which is empty for us, but set on e.g. Bitcoin.SE).
What do answers have to contain?
- A title / TL;DR for quick identification.
- A naming of the resource to be added / updated.
- The new content (ideally with changes being highlighted if they are somewhat minor).
- A rationale / motivation for the update.